Wednesday 2 January 2008

Back home

The quickest i've ever checked in. Not more than 15 mins from the time i steped foot into the airport to the time i received my boarding pass. Anyway, KL's good.. Didn't realise that there were some things that i miss. I miss home, my sister, whom i'm quite close to, the piano, the comfort of air-conditioning, which is a departure from Melbourne's sweltering 42 degrees when i left, the mobility of having a car, and the ubiquity of good cheap food at every corner. Though of course there needs to be some adjustment to the snail's pace of what we call "broadband" (though in fairness it's not that bad, just that i've been spoiled by Australia's high speed internet), seeing new developments appear overnight and colossal monstrosities called houses being built in my immediate neighbourhood, coping with the polluted air and humidity, and having to refamiliarise myself with Astro's revamped channel numbers, speaking BM, and learning new roads.

School starts tomorrow for my siblings, and i just realise how ugly the new Cempaka uniform is (think green and gold pinstripe blazer with brown slacks). And, my sister who's entering Form 1 is being taught Science by Mr. Sheat. The horror..

No comments: