Friday 5 October 2007

The 24 hour computer lab has been my 2nd home the past week,
Two 10000 word assignments due in 3 days,
Means that i've watched the sunrise twice while in uni,
More than 24 hours yesterday,
And prob. a 100 over then entire week,
Finally, i bid farewell to the worse assignment ever!
A marketing assignment that has become the hatred of everyone,
An assignment of 13,000 words,
An assignment so thick that no stapler could bind.
And all that effort, for a miserable 30%.

Being in the comp. lab for so long,
I've noticed things that I've never noticed before,
I noticed that the cleaner begins work at 3am,
I noticed that there is a surprisingly large number of ppl,
Still in the computer lab at 7am in the morning,
I realise that when I don't get enough sleep
I can't remember which floor I live on,
I realise that productivity comes in cycles,
Which ebbs and wanes,
As eyelids get droopier,
And that checking Facebook and MSNing whoever's awake at that time,
Is the only form of relief,
I realise that I'm the most productive under stress,
I notice that stress causes hunger,
I've realised that a simple section which looks simple enough,
Takes ages to complete!
I've realised that when the outline says 4,000 words,
They were only joking,
And that printing out the assignment 5 mins before it is due,
Is not exactly the best thing for the heart.
I realised that strangers can be brought together,
By a common despise of the lecturer,
And that there will be much to say,
When the QoT survey comes around,
I realise that choosing marketing as an elective,
Was not the smartest thing to do,
I realise that lecturers which are brilliant,
Are not necessarily the best lecturers.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I realize that after you finish two big assignments in 3 days,
And are deprived of sleep,
You start to weird weird poems,
Which don't rhyme (like this one)

:P

Damien Wong said...

LOL...poor poor thing...u should have just done it in summer...it was nothing close to that...hehe
*rub it in*

anyway it's high time u guys give them shit in the qot survey!!!! but he's leaving anyway...

miszmilk said...

Oh what marketing subject is this? Sounds like hell. I'm planning to take more marketing subjects for 3rd year.

Good luck!

isaac said...

That's Strategic Marketing.. But this is the first time students have been asked to create a marketing plan, and being that the lecturer would be leaving Melb Uni next year, i doubt you'll face anything as difficult..

Btw, how come u seem to have so many electives? haha